Tuesday 3 December 2019, 09:15 – 16:00 | Organised by Run 4 Wales & Cardiff University
an era of rapidly escalating climate change, resource depletion, plastic
pollution and species extinction, the necessity of taking action to minimise
our environmental impact has never been as strong as it is today.
Organisers have a responsibility to deliver ambitiously green, sustainable and low impact events – but the solutions are not all straight forward.
The Race for Sustainability Conference will offer a series of talks, workshop sessions and guest speakers giving you the opportunity to learn more about the challenges faced, and discuss in groups how events can work together to foster a sustainable future. The event will be attended by experts in the field of sustainability, event organisers and special guest speakers.
Speakers will include:
- Helen Taylor, Sustainability in Sport/Forest Green Rovers FC (the most sustainable football club in Britain)
- Jakob Larsen, Head of the Danish Athletic Federation (Copenhagen Half Marathon)
- Jerry Bingham, Research Manager at UK Sport
- Matt Newman, Chief Executive of Run 4 Wales (Cardiff Half Marathon)
- Dr. Andrea Collins, School of Geography and Planning (Cardiff University)
Spaces are limited, so those interested in attending are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Registration, which includes a local, sustainably sourced buffet lunch costs £19 including booking fee.*
*Attendees will have the option to offset the carbon associated with their travel to the conference, by making a donation to Size of Wales at the checkout.
If you have any queries, please contact Run 4 Wales by email via [email protected].
Learn more about the Run 4 Wales Environmental Policy and Green Action Plan here.
Read the Cardiff University ‘Race for Sustainability’ report here.