The 2018 Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 7 October. General entries sold out in April, and the registration for charity entries have now closed.
Entries remain open for the Cardiff University Festival of Running on Saturday 6th October – which includes a Family Fun Run, Toddler Dash and series of 3K races.Register for Festival of Running
*An admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. This fee is non-refundable.
PRE-REGISTER FOR 2019
The 2018 Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon sold out in record time, six months before race day. Make sure you don’t miss out next year by pre-registering for 2019. By doing so, you’ll receive a priority access link as soon as early bird entries go on sale, before general registration opens.PRE-REGISTER FOR 2019
By pre-registering, you agree to receive event announcements, news and marketing messages via email about the 2019 and future editions of the Cardiff Half Marathon. You can unsubscribe at any time via a link in the email footer.
RUN FOR CHARITY
Charity is at the heart of the Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training. Whilst it’s too late to join the race via an official charity, you can still join a fundraising team if you already have your own space in the race!
We encourage runners to fundraise for our Lead Charity Partner the NSPCC, or one of our Associate Charity Partners – but it’s up to you!
#TeamNSPCC runners will receive a personalised training plan, training day with expert coaches, a Facebook community to share training tips and experiences with and post-race reception!
Cancer Research UK, Mind, Macmillan Cancer Support and Cardiff & Vale Health Charity are Associate Charity Partners of the event, all representing fantastic causes with great offers and benefits available to runners pledging to run for them!VIEW ALL CHARITIES
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participants must be 17 years of age or older on the day of the event.
2. When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
3. Participants must complete the 13.1 mile course in less than 4 hours 30 minutes – our event cut-off time.
4. Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon.
5. Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until one month before the race.
6. Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website homepage.
7. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Participants must be fit to run and free from injury
9. Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.CLICK HERE FOR FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
Event pack including information booklet, running number and timing chip
- Helpful training advice and support
- A high standard of event organisation, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience
- High-quality medal to commemorate your achievement
- Commemorative technical finishers t-shirt
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Course entertainment and live music across the route
- Water, sports drink and energy gels available along the route
- Opportunity to win cash and voucher prizes, including fancy dress prizes
- A text post event with your race time (if you have supplied us with your mobile number)
- Access to Event Village with retailers, street food and live entertainment
- Use of the Run 4 Wales live tracking app
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave
- A post-race goody bag
Please note you must complete the 13.1-mile course to collect a t-shirt, medal and goody bag.
CHANGE YOUR DETAILS AND TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY
If you have partially completed your application, please click on the REGISTER NOW button and re-enter your email address to access your details.
If you would like to make changes to your team, or your registration (address, predicted time etc), please click the below icon and follow to MyEvents.active.com.
If you are no longer able to run the Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon, you have until Monday 13th August to transfer your entry. You can transfer your entry via a link on your confirmation email.CHANGE YOUR REGISTRATION DETAILS
Fancy running with colleagues as part of a Corporate Team?
Click here to learn more about our Corporate Challenge.