The next edition will take place on Sunday 28 March 2021 (postponed from Sunday 4 October 2020).
General entries sold out at record pace, just 3 months after going on sale in January 2020. You can however still secure a space in the race via many of our Official Charities who have guaranteed entries available.
A second edition will take place in 2021 on Sunday 3 October.
|Early Bird Entry (available to the first 5,000 to sign up)||Sold Out|
| General Entry (for runners not affiliated to an athletics club)||Sold Out |
| Affiliated Entry (for runners affiliated to England, Scotland & NI Athletics) ||Sold Out|
| Welsh Athletics Entry (for runners affiliated to Welsh Athletics) ||Sold Out|
|Welsh Distance Double (entry into Cardiff Half & ABP Newport Wales Marathon – saving £15 – only 500 tickets available)||Sold Out|
|Early Bird NSPCC Fundraiser (available to the first 50 to sign up)||Sold Out|
|NSPCC Fundraiser (when pledging to fundraise £300)||£10|
|International Entrant (runners living overseas)||Sold Out|
*A non-refundable admin fee will be charged on top of race entry by ACTIVE, who manage our online registration system. You will need to provide a UK Athletics registration number to verify affiliate discounts.
Run for Charity
Charity is at the heart of the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon – where many will be raising money for fantastic good causes. Knowing your run has helped others gives a huge boost to the satisfaction you’ll feel on finishing the race – and keep you motivated during your training.
We encourage runners to fundraise for our Lead Charity Partner the NSPCC, or one of our Associate Charity Partners – but it’s up to you! #TeamNSPCC runners will receive a personalised training plan, training day with expert coaches, a Facebook community to share training tips and experiences with and post-race reception! You can register to run for the NSPCC for just £10 when pledging to raise £300.
Alzheimers Society, British Heart Foundation, Mind, Prostate Cancer UK and Shelter Cymru are our Associate Charity Partners for March 2021 and offer a reduced entry free amongst a number of benefits in return for a space in the race.
A full list of our official charities can be seen by selecting ‘choose a charity’ below.
If you have already purchased a registration via www.superhalfs.com and have been given a code/token to redeem an entry you can do so below.
What’s included in your registration fee
- A posted race pack including a race weekend brochure, spectator guide, running number and timing chip.
- A high standard of event organisation, with a fully marshaled, closed road route.
- The opportunity to earn high-quality commemorative finishers items, including a medal and t-shirt (to be collected upon completing the race).
- Access to helpful training advice and support via the event website and e-newsletters.
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets.
- Course entertainment and live music across the route.
- Water and nutritional products available at energy stations along the route.
- Use of the Run 4 Wales app to live track your performance.
- A finish time SMS at the end of the race (if you have submitted your mobile number).
- Access to Event Village with retailers, street food and live entertainment.
- Predicted finish time pacers in every start wave.
Change your details and transfer your entry
If you would like to make changes to your registration (address, predicted time, t-shirt size etc) or if you are no longer able to run and you would like to transfer it to somebody else, you have until the advertised transfer deadline to make changes.
Full details can be found by clicking below or checking your confirmation email.
General entries will close on Friday 26th February if they do not sell out beforehand. Those who have obtained a space via a charity, corporate package or sponsor must register ahead of the registration deadline or they will be unable to participate in the event.
Terms of Participation
- Participants must be 17 years of age or older on the day of the event
- When registering all participants must sign our terms and conditions.
- Participants must complete the 13.1 mile course within the cut off time of 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon or other Run 4 Wales events.
- Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until the publicised transfer deadline.
- Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website.
- Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Participants must be fit to run and free from injury.
- Under no exceptions can a participant collect their race pack after the designated time slots.