Job Title: Volunteer Programme & Customer Service Assistant
Salary: £18,000 + pension
Contract: Full Time, Permanent (flexible/part time working will be considered)
Reporting To: Event & Volunteer Manager
Run 4 Wales, the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events, including the Cardiff Half Marathon, is looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer Programme & Customer Service Assistant to join their busy team.
Excellent interpersonal and strong organisational skills are essential, whist previous event or volunteer coordination skills are an advantage.
Volunteers are essential to the success of our events and we couldn’t do it without them. The Volunteer Programme & Customer Service Assistants focus will be on the day to day running and development of the current volunteer programme as well as supporting and managing our volunteers in their roles at our events. During certain periods the role will require you to provide additional support to the customer service team, dealing with participant and spectator queries.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking company, who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday during regular office hours as well as event weekends.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
- Develop a good working knowledge of all Run4Wales events and the different opportunities for volunteers within these events
- Assist with volunteer inquires, both from prospective and existing volunteers, over the phone, email and social media
- Help maintain and assist with volunteer recruitment and development methods across all events
- Assist with the development of volunteer resourcing plans for each event
- Assist with the development of volunteer role descriptions and briefing documents in advance of events
- Assist with the management of volunteer records on the volunteer management system
- Assist with the organisation of resourcing of equipment to volunteers for events
- Event day management of volunteers and the functional areas they support
- Assist with the development of the volunteer programme social media accounts
- Assist with the writing of regular volunteer e-newsletters
- Other duties as and when required
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATION
- Assist with customer service queries over the phone, email and via social media, acting as the first point of contact with Run4Wales
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries, providing accurate and event specific information and advice
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Develop a good working knowledge of the company’s online event registration system
- Go above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide administrative support to the operational and wider team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a customer service/support role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both listening, written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and work flexibly across different project areas
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters and deal with conflict
- Calm under pressure with an ability to problem solve and adapt to changing situations
- Must enjoy and work well in a team environment
- Excellent IT skills and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Experience of working in an events role
- Experience of volunteering
- Experience using a CRM system
- Knowledge or interest in the mass participation sport / events market
- An interest in an active lifestyle
- A UK driving license
- Welsh speaking
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the short application form, attach an up-to-date CV and a cover letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for the role, evidencing your experience against the essential and desirable skills for the role.
Submit: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: To be considered please ensure your application reaches Run 4 Wales by the deadline of 6pm on Wednesday 13th December.
Interview: Interviews for successful applicants will take place on the 18th December 2017. Due to the high volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications or provide feedback to candidates who are not selected for interview.
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups. If you require assistance with your application please contact Naomi on 02921 660 790 or via email: email@example.com.