Why run for #TeamBarnardos?
Barnardo’s is one of the UK’s leading children’s charities and the official charity partner of the Cardiff Half Marathon.
This year we are celebrating 150 years, and we need your support more than ever to help realise Dr Barnardo’s dream of a world where no child is turned away from the help they desperately need.
Register now and tick ‘I am running and raising funds for Barnardo’s’ to join the team.
Why choose #TeamBarnardos?
We are determined to give each of our Barnardo’s runners the best experience possible when taking part in the Cardiff Half Marathon – right from sign up, through to race day itself and beyond.
We ask all our runners to commit to raising £150 in sponsorship to go towards our work, and to help us be here for another 150 years, and always.
As part of #TeamBarnardos you will also receive:
- A Fundraising Pack including specialist advice and helpful resources such as Fundraising guidelines and ideas to help smash the £150 target
- Lots of detailed advice on everything from Nutrition to the best footwear for you
- Access to our Training Zone – our one stop shop where you will find everything that you need to help you prepare for your event, from training guides and route planners, to expert advice from personal trainers and sports professionals
- Access to talk to your fellow #TeamBarnardos members via Facebook and Twitter
- Support on the day from the loudest cheering stations at key points around the course
Barnardo’s Vital Work
Last year Barnardo’s transformed the lives of over 240,000 vulnerable children and families in more than 1066 vital projects across Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland, dealing with problems from homelessness and disability to bereavement, abuse and poverty. We believe in the abused, the vulnerable, the forgotten and the neglected. We will support them, stand up for them, bringing out the best in each and every child. Barnardo’s has a range of projects in Wales, providing help and support for young carers, children with disabilities, homeless young people, parents struggling to care for their children, sexually exploited children and other vulnerable groups.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Katie Moore on 020 8498 7091