The Run Wales Series will once again begin on New Year’s Eve with the Nos Galan Road Races the first of the 12 challenges which make up the annual series.
Open to all Welsh registered athletes, the Run Wales Series was designed to promote road running and improve performance in the sport across Wales.
Made up of 12 races, athletes can accumulate series points in each race with 50 points on offer for the 1st placed athlete and then points descending through the race results.
The series also features five Welsh Championship events (highlighted in bold) where a bonus 15 points is on offer.
The series starts on Monday 31st December 2012 with the Nos Galan Road Race series and culminates with the Lloyds TSB Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday 6th October 2013.
In between that runners can compete in a range of events from the Llandudno 10 mile to 10km and 5km races across the country.
In 2012 Nat Lane and Sally Wilder took the honours as overall series winners.
- Race 1 Sun 31st December Nos Galan 5km
- Race 2 Sun 27th January Lliswerry 8 Mile
- Race 3 Sun 10th February Nick Beer 10km
- Race 4 Sun 17th March Welsh Road Relays
- Race 5 Sat 31st March Teifi 10 Mile
- Race 6 Mon 6th May Cardiff Bay 5 Mile
- Race 7 Sun 28th July Magor Marsh 10km
- Race 8 Sun 11th August Fusion 5km Llanelli
- Race 9 Sun 1st September Caernarfon 10km
- Race 10 Sun 8th September Cardiff 10km
- Race 11 Sun 22nd September Admiral Swansea Bay 10km
- Race 12 Sun 6th October Lloyds TSB Cardiff Half Marathon
Events highlighted are Welsh Championships events.