Job Title: Partnerships Manager
Contract: Fixed-Term, 12 months (maternity cover) – immediate start.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days a week, days flexible)
Company: Run 4 Wales Ltd
Run 4 Wales, the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events, is looking for an experienced Partnerships Manager for a 12-month maternity cover.
Strong relationship building and networking skills are essential, whilst previous marketing experience and an understanding of the events industry an advantage.
The Partnerships Manager will sit within the marketing and commercial team, working on world-class events including the Cardiff Half Marathon, Newport Wales Marathon and VELOTHON Wales.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking company, who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a part-time role, offering a flexible working week.
Time in lieu is offered when occasional weekend work is required for events.
- Responsible for managing the Run 4 Wales sponsorship portfolio, which includes a mix of local, national and international brands.
- Ensure that all sponsor contractual rights are delivered effectively and to schedule.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key sponsors, planning and implementing bespoke activation strategies, in line with the brand’s set objectives.
- Providing sponsors with frequent event updates – including presentations/reports/ attending stakeholder meetings.
- Regular management and updating of internal documents – sponsorship rights matrix and benefits tracker.
- Line management of other members of the partnerships team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal departments are aware of key sponsorship activity and where appropriate involved in the activation strategy.
- Point of contact for partner activation queries both internally and externally.
- Creatively work with sponsors to develop individual marketing and PR strategies which benefit both the client and Run 4 Wales.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the marketing and communications team to ensure successful delivery of marketing elements of the activation plan.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of sponsor branding on event days, making sure this activity is part of the wider event plan.
- Ensuring that sponsor content and messaging is fed through to the marketing team for promotion via communication channels – digital and offline channels.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure that sponsor logos and naming rights are displayed correctly across all marketing material – online and offline.
- Liaise with marketing team to gather relevant marketing stats and analytics for sponsor updates/ evaluation and reports.
- Attend regular marketing meetings.
- Attend regular Run 4 Wales commercial meetings, highlighting any upselling / renewal opportunities.
- Work with both the Head of Business Development and Marketing Manager in creating sponsorship proposals and packages in line with the agreed commercial plan.
- Maximise any networking opportunities and introductions to new business that can be passed onto the Head of Business Development.
- Regular communication with Head of Business Development regarding sponsor activity and opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in relationship management. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of delivering contractual rights.
- Strong communicator at all levels. Comfortable with reporting and presenting to high-level stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of marketing/PR channels.
- Must enjoy and work well in a team environment and effectively across various departments.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects and to tight deadlines.
- Previous practical marketing experience.
- Knowledge or experience of working in the sport or events industry.
- Ability to travel across South Wales
- Welsh speaking
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please attach an up-to-date CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role.
Please send your application and cover letter to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 9th February 2018
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We would like to gather equality profile information about everyone who expresses an interest in working with us to help in monitoring our progress.
You are invited to participate by clicking the following link Recruitment Equality Monitoring Survey. All information supplied is anonymous and used for statistical monitoring purposes only, handled independently of recruitment and handled securely in strictest confidence.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you require assistance at any stage with your application please contact the Office Manager, Andrew on 02920 649 844 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org