Job Title: Event Operations Assistant
Salary: £18,000 + pension
Contract: Fixed-Term, 12 months (opportunities for extension)
Company: Run 4 Wales Ltd
Reporting To: Production Manager
Run 4 Wales, the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events – including the Cardiff Half Marathon – is looking for an enthusiastic Event Operations Assistant to join their busy team.
Excellent time management, organisation and planning skills are essential, whist previous on-site event experience is an advantage.
The Event Operations Assistant will be an integral part of the event operations team, supporting event managers in the successful delivery of a range of sporting events throughout the year. Tasks will be varied, challenging and time critical, and the successful applicant will need to be an active quick thinker who is able to apply themselves to any task.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking Welsh events company who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday during regular office hours as well as up to 10 event weekends.
EVENT OPERATIONS DELIVERY
- Develop a good working knowledge of all Run4Wales events.
- Prepare schedules and detailed logistical plans, contact sheets and travel itineraries for multiple events.
- Assist event managers in event bookings and event coordination.
- Manage and log the use of operational resources and equipment.
- Run errands, deliveries and tasks as and when requested by the R4W team.
- Maintain and develop spreadsheets, schedules and bookings.
- Liaise with contractors, strategic partners and suppliers on documentation and bookings.
- Support the management of on-site event builds.
- Conduct event-wide research and development.
- Manual handling and office administration.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; listening, written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- UK driving license
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly across different project areas
- Calm under pressure with an ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Must enjoy and work well in a team environment
- A good knowledge of site equipment (vehicles, barriers, PPE, safety equipment and tools)
- Excellent IT skills on a range or software. Office, AutoCAD or Adobe Products useful.
- Knowledge of event and project management practices
- Experience of large-scale event delivery
- Knowledge and experience of event health and safety practices
- Previous experience of working in an events role.
- Knowledge or interest in the mass participation sport / events market
- An interest in an active lifestyle
- Welsh speaking
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to hearing from you so please complete the short application form, attach your up-to-date CV and a cover letter letting us know why you believe you are suitable for the role evidencing against the job description and skills and experience required for this role.
Deadline: For your application to be fully considered please ensure your application reaches Run 4 Wales by the deadline of 6pm on Thursday 21st December.
Interview: Interviews will take place on Monday 8th January 2018
Due to the high volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications or provide feedback to candidates who are not selected for interview.
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups. If you require assistance with your application please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Run 4 Wales, Capital Retail Park, Pod 1, Leckwith Rd, Cardiff CF11 8EG